Limerick Contest!!!04/28/2011 at 2:45 am | Posted in How to this-or-that, Just for Fun, News & Explanations | 26 Comments
Impulses are fun!
Today and tomorrow I am calling folks who bought singing voicemails from me in my fundraiser for my new album Something Fierce, and I was a tiny bit sad because not every fan who desired a voicemail got one. I wanted to give more one away for free just for fun, but didn’t want to devalue the messages folks already paid for.
Then @joethepeacock swooped to the rescue and generously purchased one more voicemail to be awarded to the lucky winner of this contest! Rules as follows:
- Submit a limerick (or as many as you like) to me via Twitter, Facebook, or e-mail (mariancall*at*mac.com)!!
- Material should be PG-13 please as I’m going to post it on my blog!!
- It doesn’t necessarily have to be about me, it can be about anything that might amuse us all!!
- I’ll pick a favorite with no guarantees of impartiality or fairness, and the creator will win a voicemail from me!!
- Several non-winners will be posted on my blog for fun!!
- Contest begins now and ends whenever I wake up tomorrow, likely to be about 10am AKDT!!
The Voicemail portion of my annual fundraiser is of course inspired by the radio show Wait! Wait! Don’t Tell Me! in which contestants play for Carl Kasell’s voice on their home answering machine. Which is pretty much one of my favorite prizes I ever heard of. So in addition to winning a voicemail, the winner gets the fun of being announced as winner on Twitter by @PeterSagal. (If this means nothing to you, well, you should listen to the radio more often, because then you’d know how frakking awesome that is.)
Why limericks? Because I love to rhyme and scansion is my life. Points for working with/against the form.