Thinkgeek concert nerdy details! Nerds.06/24/2011 at 10:54 pm | Posted in General Nerdery, How to this-or-that, News & Explanations | 1 Comment
Hey Geeks! I am live streaming a concert tonight! Provided we get the audio sounding good! Which we hope and think it will! Yay last-second trips to radio shack. Make humble sacrifices to the tech spirits; I am.
Here are all the details of how stuff works!!!
- Watch the live stream at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/marian-call-live-from-thinkgeek-hq starting a little after 7pm EDT.
- Want an awesome incredible poster from tonight’s show, drawn by John Tyler Christopher? You can order them tonight only at http://mariancall.com starting at about 7pm EDT! The first 100 will be signed by me, but everyone who orders will get one — we will print as many as you guys order. But only tonight!! Sales close about midnight EDT. All proceeds go to keep Art of Akira, and the artist behind it, thriving. Keeping art alive is up to us, and it’s the best. International friends: you can order too! If your shipping is lots extra you might have to work out an extra little invoice, but you’ll be contacted individually. Order just like normal!
- There are lots of prizes, both for folks here in person and listening/watching online. The rules are below for folks who want to win stuff from @thinkgeek!!!
- If you are enjoying the show from a distance, especially the whole show, please tip so Marian can keep making music! Or buy some lovely songs. Or come to a show in Arlington, Annapolis, New York City, Philadelphia, Cambridge, Portland, or Seattle! And more cities coming soon.
HERE ARE RULES AND PRIZES FOR YOUS! From the Thinkgeek monkeys.
ARE YOU PHYSICALLY HERE?
Four ways to win if you’re at the show tonight!
1. Tweet with the hashtags #TGMarianAkira AND #meatspace (in the same tweet!) by 8:30pm ET and be entered to win (by random drawing) a $50 ThinkGeek gift certificate. Must be present at the concert in person to win!
2. Submit a t-shirt idea in the brainstorm box by 8:30pm ET and randomly win a $50 ThinkGeek gift certificate. Must be present to win!
3. One random ticket purchase-r who is here tonight will win these items at the end of the show:
Zombie Shooting Gallery, Magic d20 of Destiny, Fawkes and Codex Highland Sextasy Poster, Lights and Sounds Delorean, and an Atari Pixel Logo Beer Stein
4. One person who tweets #TGMarianAkira AND #frakabanjo AND #meatspeace (in the same tweet!) by the end of the show, about 10pm ET, will win a #frakabanjo stainless steel engraved dog tag. Only 10 exist in the ‘verse! Must still be present to win.
THESE PRIZES ARE FOR TEH INTERNET.
Three ways to win if you’re not here IRL!
1. Tweet with hashtag #TGMarianAkira AND #internetz (in the same tweet!) by 8:30pm ET and randomly win:
LEGO Hoth Wampa Set, Canned Unicorn Meat, My First Bacon, and a #frakabanjo stainless steel engraved dog tag. Must still be viewing to confirm via Twitter that you accept your prizes, so stick around until 8:30!**
2. Marian will announce the rules of the second challenge via the webstream during the first half of the show. Enter our challenge as broadcasted on Ustream and randomly win at the end of the show:
Enterprise Pizza Cutter, Bazinga Lunchbox, Critical Hit LED d20 Die, and a #frakabanjo stainless steel engraved dog tag. Winner will be announced at the end of the show, about 10pm ET, so stick around! You must still be viewing to confirm via Twitter that you accept your prizes or we’ll pass them along to someone else.**
3. One person who tweets #TGMarianAkira AND #frakabanjo by the end of the show will win a #frakabanjo stainless steel engraved dog tag. Winner will be announced at the end of the show, about 10pm ET, so stick around! You must still be viewing to confirm via Twitter that you accept your prizes or we’ll pass them along to someone else.**
**When we choose our online hashtag winners, we’ll need to confirm within 10 minutes that you are still viewing and that you want to claim your prize, or else we need to pass it along to someone else. So be watching your stream around 8:30pm and again at the end of the show if you’re interested in prizey stuff!